Thursday, November 01, 2007

Stop!

I have been buried in proposals today! No matter how many I go through, the pile seems to remain unchanged. So I continue to press on. While working hard, a co-worker enters my office unnoticed. I am so caught up in my work, that I don't even realize she is standing right infront of me. She waits patiently for me to see her and thankfully I did. Because she needed to talk. She is facing a difficult time and just needs someone to listen, to see her. So I stopped! I stopped working! I stopped worrying about what I need to get done or how much I have left to do. I stopped thinking about myself and opened my eyes and heart to her. I listened. I prayed. I hope she felt noticed, heard, and held.

Who is standing infront of you?...Have you stopped today?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually spent some time with my new neighbors this morning helping them move into their home. I could only help for an hour, but I was glad I could help. It was great to get to know them. Thanks for another good reminder.

Jess said...

Great post and great reminder to stop! You are such an encouraging listener! Love you tons!

Anonymous said...

It is interesting all we miss because we are so busy with our own lives. The idea that I may not be seeing someone right in front of me, that is a powerful thought.

Jason

Dina said...

Thanks for the reminder. That is why I didn't do any work when I got home from school - I just needed to stop yesterday. I was so glad you were home too! I know I need to stop more often. Love you!

Alicia said...

Thanks so much for the reminder. I try to remember this especially when I'm at school and 23 little ones need my attention. Sometimes I get so busy with my schedule that I forget how nice it is to be listened to, no matter how old you are!

Jessica said...

i'm glad you found me...i finally was able to find you. :) yea! hope your week is going well!