Wednesday, November 07, 2007

"Willing"

Last night I read 1Chronicles 28:9 and couldn't help but begin to think about the words "willing mind". I have heard over and over again the importance of a devoted heart, but willing mind? What does that even mean?

As I thought more about this, so many ideas crossed my mind. I thought of the many times when my mind was distracted in worship. I thought of the many times I just went through particular actions in life because I felt I had to or it just seemed like something I was supposed to do. When you give your life to Christ, shouldn't it be all of you..not just the heart...but your hands, your feet...your mind? Shouldn't you have a mind that is anxious to know God and eager to serve Him? "Willing"...it encompasses so much!

Do you have a willing mind?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your questions make me reflect and make me think. It is nice to see someone who doesn't think they know it all, but is wanting to learn.

Jason

Jess said...

wow, really great post! how come all your great posts make me realize just how much i am not giving my all? :):):) but i need these so i can learn and grow. so thanks tons for sharing!!! love you tons and tons!

Anonymous said...

So this made me think! Thanks!