Monday, November 26, 2007

Planes

Today is a great day! Why? Because later today I will be picking my lovely sister and her family up at the airport. They will probably come back with tans from the warm sun they have experienced the past few days and arrive with some great stories of their trip. I can't wait to get a huge hug from my niece and see my cutie nephew smile. Yes, it has only been a few days, but I miss them.

There is just something so wonderful about airports...

Maybe it is all the good memories...Like the time when Dina took me to the airport, but we arrived a bit early and my flight was delayed. I couldn't have asked for a better time with my roommate. She stayed the entire time which was about 4 hours or more. But we talked and laughed and she really calmed my nerves as I was getting ready to take a life changing trip. To this day, we still recall that memory.

Maybe it is about the people and stories. Somehow airports and planes make you break your comfort zone, and talk to people. You find out where people are heading, what they do for a living, and just find out some interesting things. You get to watch kids press against the windows to watch the planes, passengers sleeping in those comfortable chairs waiting to hear that their plane will not be delayed once again, and just the welcoming of family and friends when those arrive at their destination.

Maybe it is just wandering around the airport, seeing all the destinations and thinking to myself...hmmm...maybe one day I will travel there...maybe one day I will just come to the airport, find an interesting destination, and just go...


All I know is that today... that plane...at that airport...will bring my family back to me and that is wonderful!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might just be the only one who would blog about a trip to the airport. I hope your family arrives safely.

Jason

Jess said...

jenn...that post rocked! it was so so so so nice to see you there! yes, the weather was nice, but you were missed so much! it definitely made it nice to come back knowing that you would be there waiting to hug us all...ok, so after i called you and asked where you were, and you had to park, and we were sitting there waiting...then we got to see you :) hee, hee, hee...seriously a great post and it is nice to be back near you again! love you tons!!!

Alicia said...

YEAH!!! Airports are fun..but only when you don't have to wait at them for long periods of time. :) So glad that you could take the Frye's and pick them up. That saves so much money in parking!! What a great sister you are.