Monday, November 12, 2007

Release...

I read the scriptures, but am I really open to Your Word?

I pray, but am I really listening to You or just talking?

I look around, but am I really taking the time to notice You in everything…in me?

To release my own desires to see Yours, to release my distractions to see You, to release all that I am still holding on to, my fears, my selfishness, my insecurities, to see only You…

To release me so that You can be...

To confidently say…”I am ALL Yours!”

Colossians 3:1-2
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that was honest. To give of self is challenging as it is so easy to get caught up in things of the world and myself. My heart and mind need to be set on Christ, always.

Angela said...

Well said! love you! ang :)

Jess said...

hola sis! what a great great post! your words were perfect. and what a true statement about not really noticing God and letting earthly distractions get in the way of devoting our lives to Him! i sure needed to hear that so thanks tons for sharing and love you tons and tons!