Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Reflection

It was one of those mornings when I wish I had my camera. On my drive to work, the sun was rising casting a red tone on the clouds that filled the sky. As I past a pond, the reflection was incredible as it looked like the water was on fire. God's beautiful creation was reflecting on the water.

I couldn't help but wonder, what is being reflected in me? Am I letting God's love and work in me be seen, or is it being blocked by my own pride and selfishness...my doubts and fears...my own desires?

What is my reflection? What do people see?

I pray that, like that water, His work and love can be seen and done through me...that He be my reflection.

3 comments:

Jess said...

jenn what a super post! it is funny how others can see what we reflect, but we unfortunately can't. i can see that you reflect a true example of a strong faithful Christian woman...and that is something i am happy to see each and every day! love you tons!

Jessica said...

the sky was absolutely breathtaking this morning. i kept making my way back to the window to gaze at it a little longer while getting ready. seeing God's creativity was a great start to to the day!

Anonymous said...

I see someone who is a reflection of love and caring for other people. You are always looking for ways to reach out to others. Through your blog, your e-mails, and just your attitude about life... I am honored to call you friend!

I had a day kind of like that the first day we were in Denver this fall... The gorgeous sunrise (watching this from the plane on the way there), a rainbow in the evening, set in puffy clouds at its end, and a gorgeous sunset over the mountains. My theme for the day was "The Heavens Declare the Glory of the Lord"!!!! Maybe someday I will get a scrapbook page made of it... if I ever start scrapping... guess I got to get the pictures printed first! HA!