Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thankful!

Surprised at the title? Probably not. But I am not here to write about all the wonderful times in my life or the amazing relationships I am very thankful for. As you know, I am definitely blessed! But instead I am here to say that I am truly thankful for...

...the storms...

the storms and challenges I have and will face in life. Those moments where I am stripped bare to see the One who is and will always be there.

I am thankful for those times when I finally realize that I can't do things on my own, and instead find courage, comfort, and hope in Christ.

I am thankful for the storms that humble me, challenge me, change me.

I sit here and listen to the rain pounding outside...longing to be out there...just thankful for the storms!

2 comments:

Jess said...

that was awesome! great thoughts and thanks for sharing! it isn't easy to be thankful for storms, but with the help of God we can get through each and every one and grow in the love of Christ! Love you tons!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you learn a lot during the challenges you face. Maybe it goes back to the fact that you like to learn.

Jason