Thursday, December 06, 2007

Blessed By Another Year...


with my wonderful sister!


She is turning 28 this week, though she looks 17 most of the time ;).

Being her twin has been wonderful as it is such a compliment when I am mistaken as her. Though she has grown into an incredible woman, a loving mother, and a loyal friend...I look at her and still see my little sis ;).

I see my little sis who would always get me into trouble with her creative ideas...like the time we got our garlic bread stuck to the ceiling during a dinner party, or the time she taught me how to draw on the back of the seats in the car.

I see my little sis who always makes me laugh...like the time she answered the phone with my name, forgetting who she was for a brief second, or the time she stopped not once, but twice on a major highway that we have traveled on many times because she confused the signal poles that have the flashing red lights as railroad crossing warnings. Did I mention that there have never been any railroad tracks on this highway?

I see my little sis who always looks for the best in people, who never gives up on me, who is an example of a life focused on Christ. She lives a life of love always looking at how she can reach out to others... like the many times she gives anonymously, the times she listens to me and encourages me, the times she gives of herself to help better a life, to show God's love. I may be older by 60 whole seconds ;), but my little sis has taught me so much...

And I have been blessed with another year of her love!

Happy Birthday sis! It is such a pleasure to share my birthday with you and I am blessed to have known you for 28 years!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! What good times you have had with your sister. I bet there will be many more!

Jason

Jess said...

jenn...that post was so awesome! i loved it and couldn't be more thankful for you! you know God puts people in our lives for a reason and I have no doubt you were put in my life to bless me each and every day! the pictures rocked too! oh and those poles totally looked like rail road crossing lights...also, i could have swore i heard the train signals too!! love you tons and tons and tons!!! happy birthday...early since you snuck in a post early!

Jessica said...

i love how close you and jess are. how special! not all sisters are like that!

happy birthday! i hope your day is great!!

Anonymous said...

My sister and I are fairly close too. It is difficult for us to get together though with about 300 miles separating us. But we do our best to stay in touch. I always got her in trouble growing up. Have a great birthday and I can't believe you two are 28. I wouldn't have ever guessed it.

Alicia said...

YEAH!! Happy birthday to the best twins I know...wait a minute...you might be the only twins I know! :) You guys are so wonderful and I'm so blessed by you both all the time. Thanks for all the great memories and have a wonderful day celebrating each other.

Anonymous said...

Aren't birthdays fun? Have a great birthday.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Anonymous said...

Feliz Cumpleanos! I hope this says happy birthday. I am still in ntcheu & everyone here wishes u all the best we are all celebrating with u. Happy happy birthday! Have fun. Yea!