Monday, October 01, 2007

Football and Fishing

Disclaimer: this post could get confusing!


I have no idea what the Bears need? Hence I am not a coach or manager or even a fan who thinks she can even begin to understand all that needs to take place to pull out a win. But every week I have hope...hope that something wonderful will transpire and that I will once again see the Bears dominate the field. To me it is a bit like fishing! I know it is a strange analogy. But as I watch the games week after week, getting frustrated at the turnovers and interceptions that one could blame on the quarterback, on the injuries weakening the defense, on any reason why the Bears are losing, I keep watching...anxiously awaiting that great catch, that hard tackle, that "big fish" that makes me see what I know the Bears can do.


So I sit here listening to Uri Caine on yahoo radio, ready for a good week at work, and getting ready to support the Bears once again...hoping that this weekend will bring in that "big fish"... a win for the Bears!


Okay, now I am hungry for fish!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a dedicated Bears fan. So you like to fish huh?

Greg L.

Anonymous said...

Don't wait!!! Pick a winner!!!

YEAH!!! COLTS!!!!!

Alicia said...

You are too cute! :) What a funny post...and hopefully the "big one" will be just around the corner, like next week! It sure is getting frustrating to be a Bears fan!

jenn said...

Great recommendation anonymous, but one can't turn on their team because they are not performing as they should. if so, then the ND football stadium would be empty, and cubs fans would have given up years ago missing the opportunity to celebrate that they made the playoffs. I guess like any relationship, there will be good times and challenging times ;).

Anonymous said...

I like the comparison. As frustrating as fishing can be sometimes, getting that big fish, even the anticipation makes it all worth it. Stay true to the Bears. They need all the support they can get! Go Chargers!

Jason

Jess said...

I know that bears are good fishermen :...or would it be fisher bears? hee, hee, hee...anyway they fish well in alaska with their teeth and all :)

jenn said...

okay, sis...thought i would check out your comment before i begin my proposal workshop...and i am glad i did because it made me laugh! such a crazy sis you are! thanks for making me smile! love ya gobs..m.e.

Dina said...

Don't lose hope. besides, who really wants to be a fan of a team that is always going to win - there's no room for hope! Hahahah (just trying to be positive for my Bears!). Lvoe ya