Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Not Too Far Away

I came home yesterday and went through my daily routine of walking down to get the mail and then sorting it between my roommate and I. I then weed out all the junk mail addressed to me, leaving me with bills in another stack. But yesterday was different. Buried between a preapproval credit card notice and a flyer notifying me of a sale I can't miss, I find this!....
I drop the mail instantly and tear the envelope open. It is a letter from my good friend Jimmy, who I refer to as Mr. James Issac. I hung on every word that I read. Happy not only to hear the wonderful things he had to share, but just full of joy to receive a letter from him...to know that our friendship remains strong. I placed the letter in a safe place to remind me that my friend is not far away.

I know that we will continue to correspond and I will enjoy reading of life half way around the world. I am blessed to call him friend. How blessed we all are to be able to relate to one another, to connect with one another, to reach out to one another, to love one another. Love crosses all boundaries and connects us all. No one is too far away...

*The only friend I let call me "Jenny"...thought you all would enjoy that ;).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is very nice to see someone such as yourself really value friendships & the relationships in your life. That says a lot about who you are.

Jason

Jess said...

that is awesome...jen-nay (forrest gump accent)..see how i didn't call you jenny :) anywho, in a weird mood if you couldn't tell by my bears fishing post! how exciting for you!!! it is so neat how strong your relationships are and many new relationships you have formed! what a true blessing!! love you tons and tons!!!

Anonymous said...

You seem to be adventuraous with all your travels and really appreciate the ways you can connect with people. It is nice to see someone with such passion, someone who is more then just a prety face.

Greg L.