Wednesday, October 24, 2007

BE...

Last night I read 1 Chronicles 22: 11-13: David's words to his son Solomon...

"Now, my son, the LORD be with you, and may you have success and build the house of the LORD your God, as he said you would. May the LORD give you discretion and understanding when he puts you in command over Israel, so that you may keep the law of the LORD your God. Then you will have success if you are careful to observe the decrees and laws that the LORD gave Moses for Israel. Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged.

Why do I hide? Why do I put things off, scared to take that next step...afraid of what I may be called to do? Why do I doubt? The real question is...Where am I putting my security?

I am going to be honest here...Do I find my security in the things I own, afraid of where I would be without them? Yes. Do I find my security in the relationships in my life, scared of losing them, of losing that closeness and support? Yes. Do I find my security in myself, staying in the limits of what I know I can handle? Yes.

and I doubt...I fear...I hide...because my security is not where it needs to be....

in the hands of the One who has been with me always, the One who has brought me success, the One who has held me during the difficult times, the One who wants me to put all my faith and security in Him so that I can be free to BE...

BE strong and courageous...

BE open...

BE used by Him...

BE free to take that next step...

to BE...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am always excited to see what you have to share. Thank you for being honest in your writing and with your thoughts. I am glad that I stumbled across this site awhile ago. I need to think about where my sercurity lies. Thanks!

Jason

Alicia said...

Jenn-
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and being open and honest to yourself and others.

Jess said...

wow, this is exactly what i needed to hear! thank you for this awesome reminder..perfect timing! wow, how God puts everything together! i am so glad that you share your thoughts, because you are really opening my eyes to a lot of things! love you tons and tons and tons!

Anonymous said...

I too appreciate your honesty. You are not alone in your struggle. I do not know what you are facing, but it is apparent that you are addressing the question, are you willing and able to give up everything to follow Christ? In fact, that seems to be the question everyone should ask themselves?

jenn said...

thank you for your comments everyone. and seth you are right. i know i need to move forward and take that next step, but with all that desire to do so, i am conflicted knowing that the next step will most likely lead me away from what i have known and those i love. i do know that putting my faith completely in God and trusting Him is what i need to do, but honestly, i am scared so i continue to procrastinate, to hide, and to pretend that i am fine just staying where i am…and so the struggle continues. i guess it is nice to be able to say with confidence, that i would give up everything to follow Christ, but when faced with the action…can i follow through? i am working towards that confident “YES”…but it is challenging. this wavering definitely shows that i am weak.

Anonymous said...

I know I am weak at times too. I hope you find the faith and courage to let go and let God provide! I look forward to hearing about the next step, whatever it is. Thanks for being real, Jenn.

Dina said...

WOW! So much going on with you. I will be praying for you! Love you...