Thursday, October 11, 2007

This Far...

Things are always changing...relationships...plans...life in general. Sometimes there are small changes that we may not even notice. Other times the changes can seem a bit overwhelming. Lately a lot of big changes have been taking place in my life. And it is just all becoming more than I can handle, it seems. I begin to question what is going on. I begin to get anxious and restless. I try to hold on to the familiarity of what used to be...and fight what is. I'm not ready...what next?

And then last night I read 1Chronicles 17:16. And I begin to embrace the changes. Why? Because I am not alone. I shouldn't be so comfortable in this world, focused on this world and my life that I lose focus on the One who has brought me this far...

God has been with me through every change and has blessed me greatly through it all, so why continue to fight change, instead it is time to embrace it...to embrace Him...looking forward to all that is and is to come.

1Chronicles 17:16
Then King David went in and sat before the LORD, and he said: "Who am I, O LORD God, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far?"

4 comments:

Jess said...

what a great post jenn!! i noticed when you were talking about the bit overwhelming part, that sentence directly below it states..."more than i can handle." that is another good reminder that things will get overwhelming when we try to handle them on our own. but when we let God in to help us with the load, then we can manage it. your scripture was right on and very encouraging! love you tons and tons and tons and thank you so much for sharing, because I learn so much from you :)

Anonymous said...

Change can be scarey, but continue to trust in the one who has always been with you. This was another great post! Thank you!

Jason

Anonymous said...

God NEVER gives you more than you can handle!!!!

Michelle Marshall said...

i'm feeling rather overwhelmed with some changes in my life right now too. thank you for reminding me that i'm not alone in those changes and that God has plan through all of this. You are in my prayers.