Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Does Anyone Have Clay?

Okay, so that would be a normal question asked in the exciting game of Settlers. But not exactly how it was asked last night as I played this game with Amos, Jess, CLAY, and Becky. Due to his name, it was best to ask for bricks instead. And that is exactly what we did, except for the few times we slipped up and Becky would quickly respond with, "I do", as she is Clay's wife. It was too cute...then I found $50 (usually what I have to add to my stories to make them interesting).

And there is my long intro to begin sharing about my faaabulous evening with this group of friends. It is actually quite fitting as well, since we all could talk about anything and everything, all feeding off the many tangents in our conversation.

We all live less than a mile from each other, and you would think we would get together often. Unfortunately, with busy schedules, that does not allow, but recently, God has really opened up our time to be refreshed with each other's company. And we jump at these opportunities.

Which brings me to last night!

We gathered at Clay and Becky's and talked while preparing (and snacking on) dinner. The children all playing together or watching Clay grill. Which I must say, is a definite skill of his. It was a feast! Grilled pork chops, grilled asparagus, vegetables, homemade rolls, and peanut butter pie. I am glad I walked there, because I am pretty sure I rolled home. We played settlers, we talked, we laughed, and just learned more about each other.

I thank God for this friendship which teaches, loves, encourages, and reminds us of the fun He blesses our lives with. Thank you Clay, Becky, Micah, and Evan for a great time. Thank you for being your wonderful selves! I am excited for all the opportunities we have to grow, to see God's hand in each other's lives, and I praise God for your friendship, that has already touched my heart!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

yaay for great times with great friends! I hope your week is going well!

Jess said...

it was a fabulous night!!! the conversation was incredible and so was the food! it was definitely a night to remember and to scrap :) thanks for being such a special part of it and a huge thanks to clay, becky, micah, and evan so being such incredible hosts!

Alicia said...

Your post titles always want to make me read your posts...especially this one. But I can't believe that you played Settlers with someone else! :( I'm so sad! Seriously, it sounds like you all had a wonderful time. It's so fun getting to know new people.

Anonymous said...

Alicia, we will have to get the other expansion packs and have a HUGE game so you don't have to feel left out! We like meeting new people too! :)

Gals, our time together was fantastic! I love that you are getting to know my family too! (and I enjoyed spending time with yours as well!)