Monday, August 04, 2008

What Do You Do?

Friday Night Thoughts...

I had the pleasure of watching Tyler and Grace for Jess and Amos on Friday night. About an hour before they came, I began to think...

What do you do with a boy?:

Tyler is such a bundle of joy. He looks up at me with those huge blue eyes, and I can't help but shower him with kisses until he reaches that deep hearty giggle of his. But I knew I couldn't do that all night long. I have to admit, I was a little worried on how I would entertain this package of energy, but together Tyler and I figured it out.


Feed him beef and a tortilla. This allowed him to walk and eat at the same time. Who doesn't like eating with their hands!?!

Play Peek-a-boo and blow kisses back and forth.

Give him a truck he can roll all over the house and bear that shakes as you pull the cord. This somehow occupies hours of his time.

And if you are me, follow him around the room with a camera hoping to get one picture that can capture how truly special and beautiful he his!

The next question is...

What do you do with a girl?:

Now that is easy to answer! Grace and I always have a great time together doing girl stuff! She spent the night with me Friday and we filled the time with many activities that wore both of us out!


Eat, eat, and eat...tacos, french fries, apples and chocolate, and popcorn!

Put on a princess dress and take a million pictures! I loved how beautiful she felt even though her hair was tangled and her dress inside out. But she felt an inner beauty and joy and it was wonderful! As she put it...she was "berry pretty".

Watch 101 Dalmations and Aristocats back and forth over and over again. I noticed the plot was similar, the characters were just different (dogs vs. cats). Interesting!...Okay, not really. But one tends to notice things when faced with a cycle of repitition.

Painting nails is a must!

But mostly, what I enjoy most, is loving these two as much as possible!

It is wonderful to see the love that surrounds them. They are surrounded by family, friends, and our church family. Together we work together to show them the love of God and just how special they are. Jess and Amos are their parents, but we are all family. And I love seeing us all come together and work together to care and love those in our lives. We are One.

I have been thinking a lot about the idea of "One" lately as I came across a scripture verse that reminded me of this concept. Check out my World Race blog to see what I have been learning about "One".

8 comments:

jackie said...

What a fun time! You are such a great Aunt, and I know Tyler and Grace just love you! AND, I can't even begin to tell you how much it means to Amos and Jess that you watch their kiddos. As a parent, it means the WORLD when people willingly watch your children so that you can enjoy your relationship with your spouse! So, you get an "Aunt of the Day" award! Aunt Jill got one for the weekend as well :)

Anonymous said...

It means the world to have ANYONE watch kids for free, but there is something special about how excited YOU are to be with them. THAT is what makes it marvelous! You are a wonderful Auntie! I love the photos (as always) and the food (again, as always). :)

Thank you for you words.

Jessica said...

it sounds like you had a wonderful time with the kiddos. they are so lucky to have an aunt who loves them so much. and jess is very lucky to have a great sister who will gladly help out! :)

Angela said...

You are such a cute aunt! I love the pictures of Tyler. Hey next time, why don't you watch them AND addie and ethan. Then you'll really be wondering what to do... :) love you mucho!

Jess said...

Jenn you are the BEST aunt ever!!! Grace was definitely looking forward to the sleep over and she talked about it for days afterward!!! You are the best sis ever and definitely a very important part of our family!!! love you tons and i love the post on your world race page!!!

Ponz, Lil Ponz, Real Lil Ponz and Baby Ponz said...

You should really go into full time photography...I am always amazed with your pictures. You always get the right angle to capture the moment. Love it! I can't wait to see you on Friday!

Alicia said...

Oh, Jenn! You are awesome. What a great aunt you are and the kids adore you! I always love the way you organize your pictures and words on your blog. It's never just a recap of the night, but still we know exactly what happened. Great Job!! :)

SmilingsMyFavorite said...

If you were my sister... I'd PAY you. :)