Monday, August 18, 2008

Cared for...

What an amazing visit!!!

Yes, mom, I used the word "amazing" once again :). But it truly was. My parents came up to visit this weekend and it was such a blessing to see them. The timing couldn't have been more perfect as it was a weekend when I definitely needed their love and support. Friday, my co-workers and I had a grief counseling session that really made us breakdown. I had to be broken to be able to express all the emotions I had, and it was hard, but very refreshing. God was there in every moment. And He was present as my parents cared for me. They hugged me as I cried. They listened as I explained how much I missed my friend. They were there, 100% there, present, not thinking about anything else. They spent the weekend showing me love and I hope I they felt the love I have for them. It was just a wonderful visit and great to catch up with them...to hear what God was doing in their lives and all the activities they have been involved in recently. I can't wait until we are reunited once again! So thank you mom and dad for all your love!!! Thank you for giving of yourselves!

May you all be blessed to have such love in your lives!

5 comments:

jackie said...

Glad you were able to spend some good time with your parents and co-workers. I'm sure it was difficult at times, but it sounds like it was extremely productive and much needed.

Alicia said...

God always gives us the right people at the right time! :)

Jess said...

God is with us always! Of course you are hurting...you will heal in time, but lucky for you, God is with you each and every moment! Love you tons!

Jessica said...

aren't parents great!?! i'm glad you got to spend time with them!! :) and i'm still praying for you!

SmilingsMyFavorite said...

Awww. That's so sweet. Just what parents were made for. :)