Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Do They See Jesus In Me...


Such a beautiful song by Joy Williams (check it out). And as I sit here at work, my eyes full of tears from words that touch my heart, I see Jesus...

I see Jesus in Jess!

Who would have thought that such a delicate woman would have such an impact on those around her. She has encouraged me when my nerves are rattled. She has cried with me as we talk about our journey of stepping into the unknown of what these next few years hold. And as I share with her the areas of life I need to work on, she lifts me up.

I have heard this humble woman share how much she desires to grow spiritually. I have heard her talk about how far she has to go. But I already see Jesus in her.

Every morning we share with each other what we thank God for. And I am thankful to know Jess. To truly know her, is to know love. She isn't perfect, but I know that God is using her and I know she is open to all He is calling her to.

I write this in thanks and praise to God for filling Jess with love and encouragement to share with us all. For she lifted me up this weekend and today (and you know I will blog about this beautiful lady again :)

Do you see Jesus?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an INCREDIBLE tribute to an INCREDIBLE woman.
Thank you for not taking your sister and your relationship for granted! Thank you for sharing when you are thankful...
That is one way I see Christ in both of you!

jackie said...

I see Jesus in Jess, too! (and in you, as well!) You guys both rock as friends :) Love yas! Both of yas.

Alicia said...

That was amazing Jenn! You have such a way with words...if I haven't said it before! :) That is one of the many ways God has blessed you and I see Jesus each time you share!

Jess said...

ok, so make me cry! this post was a total surprise and wow...did i say make me cry yet? you are so sweet and encouraging. man, you really left me with not much to say. :) and we all know that is pretty unusual :) thank you for blessing my life! God couldn't have blessed me with a more incredible sister! i love you so very much!