Monday, August 25, 2008

Stop Eating The...

Tomatoes...Green Peppers...

Okay, so Kevin, Cheryl, Chris, and Sarah didn't really say that, but I bet that was what they were thinking! I can't help it! You really can't beat fresh vegetables! You see yesterday I had the absolute pleasure of spending time with some good friends of mine. They supported me during my presentation at church, and spent time with me as we enjoyed a delicious lunch afterwards.

We then returned to Kevin and Cheryl's house so that I could watch the canning process of making homemade salsa!...and of course get a few fresh vegetables to take home with me. We all ended up participating in making the salsa, starting with preparing the tomatoes and cutting up the rest of the veggies, to tasting it after it was all mixed together! Did I mentioned eating tomatoes and green peppers throughout the process? It was all delicious! I had such a great time! And I can't wait until we get together again.

As I returned home I thought of the wonderful weekend I had. I spent time with Jess and Becky on Friday. Then on Saturday, I went to Amos' football game to cheer him on along with Matt and Alicia. And then had a great day with Kevin, Cheryl, Chris, and Sarah. I love the friends in my life, how different they are, and how they each add something special to my life! How blessed am I to be surrounded by such love. It is kind of like salsa, all these fabulous ingredients coming together, all different, and all adding something to the mix, creating something incredible.


So I thank each one of you for the contributions, investments, support, and love that I am so very blessed with through our friendship!

* Picture of Grace doesn't really have much to do with the post, but she is cute, it is festive, and doesn't she look like she just took a bite of salsa?

4 comments:

Jessica said...

yay for wonderful friends! you did an awesome job presenting your upcoming missions trip! let me tell ya, you didn't even seem nervous to me. you seemed like a natural so GREAT job!!! :) i'm so excited for you and your upcoming adventures!!

Alicia said...

What a great afternoon! And I have to second Jessica's comment about your presentation. It was wonderful. And I'm so glad that we could see your pictures. That made it even more meaningful!!

Jess said...

What a great post! Your presentation ROCKED! And it sounds like you had an amazing weekend. I know I certainly enjoyed my time with you!!! And love the picture of Gracie...but you didn't even mention Matt's party shirt :):):) Love ya tons!!!

SmilingsMyFavorite said...

Well my little salsa lovin friend.. have you ever tried the DANCE?
I want to hear your presentation!