Thursday, September 11, 2008

What Do You Get...

when you ask for help?

12 amazing friends surrounding you...

Incredible food provided by a family who are all great friends of mine...

How can you doubt the presence of God at work?!?



It was moving time yesterday evening, and I already was feeling overwhelmed as I had no idea how emotionally draining and physically tiring it all would be. I asked some friends for some help with moving some of the bigger boxes and furniture. And they all said "yes!". Becky and Clay even provided dinner for all of us! And it was delicious! It definitely beat the pizza I was going to order and it was such a huge burden taken off of my shoulders. By the way, Becky, we are all eager to get the recipe for the roast and fruit salad...oh and the cookies!


Kevin brought a trailer, which was such a help, and we were able to just make one trip. The guys mostly loaded the heavy items, as the rest of us ladies cleaned out the house and carried some lighter boxes all while watching the kids. It was amazing how fast it went and I couldn't believe all the support I had. Everything that needed to be stored fit nicely in my closet sized rental unit while Jess and Amos are able to use some of the furniture pieces. As I pulled down the door to the unit and locked it up, I felt the finality of it all. This is actually happening. And you know what? Everyone was there, understanding how emotional it was, and they just surrounded me.

I know I couldn't have done it alone, and I didn't have to! God provided the help. And He provided the love. I can do nothing but praise God for all of it!


Thank you Amos, Jess, Matt, Alicia, Kevin, Chris, Sarah, John, Jessica, Jamie, Victoria, and Jamie, Clay, and Becky for all your help and support last night! Your love was seen and so very appreciated!!!
1 John 4:7
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.

7 comments:

Jess said...

i am so glad that we could help and it was awesome to see EVERYONE jump at the chance to lend a hand! how blessed are you! the night was pretty easy since you were already so organized and i am sure everyone loved the free stuff they got :) even jamie and victoria who had a crazy ride home with a big table in a small car :) and the FOOD WAS INCREDIBLE!!!! love you tons!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had all that help. Ask if they want to come down and help me. I have to pay for my help.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the food...I LOVED the photos!
As far as recipes, the main ingredient is, of course, LOVE... but you will need a few more things. :)
I emailed the recipes to you so you can send them to those who wanted them.
My cookie recipe really is famous...I got the recipe from Nestle Tollhouse (found online or on the back of the bag!) :)

SmilingsMyFavorite said...

Aww I loved this post! It made me cry for some reason. Probably because it's God love at work. Literally! Glad you got so much help! You are such a cutie! :)

Jessica said...

i'm glad we could be there for the fun and the memories. it went very well and didn't take long at all. i love all the food pictures!

Dina said...

Tears...it really seems real now. Wow, I can't believe it. So glad that it went well. Sorry again that I couldn't help out. Um, btw, I totally did a double-take of the pic of Jess - it looks alot like you! hahaha! Love ya!

Alicia said...

So glad you asked everyone to help and that I could be so helpful (entertaining the kids! :)). The school kids loved the stuff that we helped you get rid of. I saw someone with the blue football today! :) And can I also say that we took a box of candles and I found island orchard from Pier 1 which happens to be my favorite scent!!! THANKS!