Monday, September 08, 2008

Lifting UP

Okay, it is Monday, and I can't believe the weekend is over already. There is just so much to do and so little time, and it is a struggle as I don't want to miss out on great time with friends either. So it is quite the balancing act.

First, I am thankful for one last roomie hoorah Friday night. Dina and I spent our last night together as roomies around a pot of rice crispy treats and just enjoyed every minute of it. It was a great send off, and another great memory I will cherish. I am so grateful for her friendship!!! I am also thankful for some great scrapping time with Jessica, Alicia, and Jess on Saturday. It is just some good time to be creative and relax and eat of course. So thank you ladies for these times together. I am looking forward to our next one! Then I was able to meet up with Jamie and Sarah. Sarah and I cheered on Jamie as she coached and then we all met up to eat at Cerulean's for some delicious sushi! I will definitely be back, as soon as I save up some money for it. Thank you ladies for such a wonderful evening. And to top it off, you know I have to mention the incredible football game where the Bears were victorious over the Colts...

Go Bears!

Now you might wonder, what else is going on? Well, I am packing and preparing for missions too. There comes a point in the packing process where you just want to burn it all and be done with it. You wonder why you collected so much and what the purpose of all the "stuff" is. I am hoping that there are more garbage bags to toss than boxes to move. It definitely isn't easy. But what is easy, is the ability to get so overwhelmed with everything. And here is where my title comes in...

I need to lift up two ladies in my life who have lifted me up over the past few days. First, there is Sarah. Sarah has been an extraordinary friend. She has helped me relax by inviting me to some fun activities, she has supported me as I step into the mission field, she is going to help me move though she lives kind of far from me, and she has been creative to help me work out logistics in moving. It has helped tremendously and I just have to say Thank You. And of course there is my sister, who just listens to me and lets me cry when I just need to let it all out...when I just need rest. And I couldn't be more appreciative!

There is a lot more to do, but God is providing the strength and perserverence with a little fun mixed in and I give Him praise!

4 comments:

SmilingsMyFavorite said...

Send all your junk to me. I'm having a garage sale and i can use the money I make selling all your stuff to by myself a Colt's jersey. ha ha! just kidding.
Love ya lots.
Did you sell your house and -Are you moving in with jess now?

Jessica said...

i'm glad God is giving you the strength you need to survive the moving process. it's almost over...really, it is!

Jess said...

Jenn, you are doing a great job and best of all, you always remember to lean on God :) You do have a lot going on, but so many exciting things...and I can't wait to have you here :) Love you tons!

Sarah said...

you are too sweet! i'm glad to help in whatever way i can!! i really enjoyed spending saturday evening with you; thanks for a fun time!! love ya lots!!