Thursday, January 31, 2008

Mister Penguin!

Oh, how the song, Mister Penguin, takes me back to the days when I began taking piano lessons. Mister Penguin was the first song I played. I can still hear its simple melody as if I had just learned it yesterday.

That is because it was practically yesterday. Yes! That's right! I am now taking piano lessons! I actually had my first lesson on Sunday...and am being taught by the one and only Mrs. Hahn. That is how I probably should refer to her since she is my teacher now.

I had a great time as I learned about different intervals and octaves. And even begin to play a bit. I know I am not going to be the greatest pianist or anything, but I am excited to learn this instrument. I enjoyed this lesson with Mrs. Hahn and am so very thankful for the time she is taking to teach me. She is a great instructor and an even better friend!

Thank you Mrs. Hahn (Alicia ;). I am playing Mister Penguin loud and proud! And Yankee Doodle is coming along great! Ha! Well, I better get to practicing!

I hope you all keep learning! It is never too late!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too funny! I don't think I could call a good friend "Mrs. _____"!!!!

Good luck on your piano lessons! I've never heard Mr. Penguin, so you will have to play it for me sometime!

Ponz, Lil Ponz, Real Lil Ponz and Baby Ponz said...

I am trying to catch up on what is going on in the life of my college friends. I hope all is well. I am trying this blog thing out...We will see how it goes! It sounds like things are going well in your life!

Alicia said...

YEAH! As your piano teacher, I must encourage you to practice each day for the best results. And although these songs are tough...they will probably get tougher, but through hard work and dedication (and a wonderful teacher) I have no doubt that you WILL learn to play the piano! :)

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting!! I love that you will be playing the piano and I know you will be great at it :) Love ya!!!

Jess said...

yeah, that anonymous post right before this one was from me...i forgot to sign in :)

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work!
Melanie