Monday, February 04, 2008

And the Award Goes To...

It was a football weekend for a group of us ladies!!!

Not only did we enjoy the Giants win over the Patriots in the Superbowl on Sunday. But we also celebrated another wonderful season of our ladies fantasy football league at our annual awards banquet!

Saturday we gathered together to enjoy each other's company off of the competitive playing field. We enjoyed a great meal of "stadium food", which was followed by the awards presentations and distribution of playbooks and programs containing the stats of each team.

We spent the evening laughing as each coach received their unique award. And even had the pleasure of a coach in North Carolina accepting her award via cell phone. You must check Jess' blog for that video. But it was just a great evening.

Award Recipients are as follows:

Amy (pictured above) and Kelli both received the Adrian Peterson Award since there are two Adrian Petersons playing in the NFL and these two ladies produced our first ever tie in a matchup.

Alicia (pictured above) received the Bears Award because her team made it to the playoffs last year, and didn't have a chance this year.

Sarah (pictured above) received the Colts Award because for the past two years her team has been in the top three. She is definitely someone we need to always watch out for.

Victoria received the Kevin Everett Award for making it through a big obstacle. Kevin was injured pretty seriously, but then recovered and is able to walk again. Victoria missed the draft...the only chance to pick a good team. We all drafted for her and she ended up being second in the league. Yeah, we are that nice!

Cathy (pictured above) received the Miami Dolphins Award because just as they won one game, she only beat one team in the standings.

Jamie received the Patriots Award because she cheated by making 12 moves, pretty much changing her entire team during the season.

Kristina received the Dallas Clark Award. Because she is another Clark that belongs in Indiana!!!

Jess (pictured above) received the Ronde Barber Award. I chose this award for her because I won both of our matchups and Ronde always fought for attention, but his twin Tiki always got it.

I (pictured above) received the Michael Vick Award chosen for me by my sister. She gave me this award because she believes I am a "thug" for "stealing" the last playoff spot from her ;).

Our awards are proudly displayed in our homes and we are all gearing up for the next season. As commish, I not only have to thank these ladies for another great season, but I also must thank my assistant commish - Jess who always wears many hats... from chef, to party planner, to award distributor, to master of fun and games ;). There isn't anything she can't do! So thanks everyone for participating in this league and for all the great times we have together!

You know, I can't help but think during times like these how much I will miss these ladies, these moments, when I leave for a short time. But God continues filling my heart with all of these memories and friendships so they will continue to be close to me know matter where I go.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh to be a fly on the wall during that awards banquet. I laughed reading about those creative awards. What a nice cap to the football season! Go Giants!

Jason

Jess said...

Great job as always Jenn!!! Ummm...all the thanks should go to you..I don't do much, but it is so much fun sharing that time with you! You are such a fair and wonderful commish! I will send the pictures to you tonight :) Love ya!

Alicia said...

Thanks so much for all the work you put into coming up with awards and setting up the season for us. I have a great time doing fantasy football and it's always nice to have a reason to get together! :) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a great time!!! :)