Tuesday, January 08, 2008

A Walk In The Rain

How easy the rain came. How fast it came and how hard it rained. Have you ever had those moments in life that just open your eyes and you know you will never be the same? Have you ever been acutely aware of how truly difficult it can be sometimes to say, no matter what is thrown at me I will not waiver in my walk with Christ? I will not retreat.

I think we all face those times. We have those times that set us back, that make us question, that make us worry, that bring pain, that make us aware of just how human we are and how difficult life can be. So what do we do?

Some of us retreat to a place where we feel safe, maybe build that wall around us that we tried so hard to finally break down. Some of us turn from what we know, question why we ever believed in the first place, and try to run for cover...to find protection from the rain.

But I choose to walk...to walk in the rain. I choose to stay on my walk, vulnerable and open to Him. I choose to walk, not run, but walk with God who leads me on.

And I find the peace walking in the rain...

4 comments:

Alicia said...

You are stronger than you know! I love you!!

Jess said...

that was amazing!!! it is amazing to see how many people walk with us too! we never have to walk alone...what a calming assurance! What an amazing God! Speaking of amazing!!...GREAT PICTURE!!! I love it! Love you tons!

Angela said...

You could write a book.
I love you!
walk on...

Dina said...

thanks for this one. love you!