Saturday, January 19, 2008

Wrapped In Love...

I have mentioned before just how rich I am. Not because I own all the latest gadgets, the expensive clothes, the fancy house, or the next great thing that is out on the market. For I have more than I could ever want and need in the love I find in my friends and family. When I have searched for encouragement, support, love, and hope, God wraps His arms around me and shows me that I am not alone. I can't count the many times God has used Matt and Alicia to show His love. For they have become family to me. And my life is richer for that. They have shown me that no matter how much you give, love never runs out.

You see, everyday Matt and Alicia give of themselves. They show love through teaching, through coaching, through leadership, through the interaction they have with each other and others. And now they are in the process of blessing another life with their love, through adoption.

The waiting process isn't always easy, and so all of us who have been touched by this couple wanted them to be wrapped in love...

We wanted them to feel the encouragement and support...the love that they have graciously shown us. We united together to share messages of encouragement. We worked together to create a quilt of hope. We gave financially to help provide support. And we came together to celebrate the love we all have to share.

Thank you Matt and Alicia for being an example of love to many! I am excited for this next step in your life. I don't know when things will take place, but I do know that God's timing is perfect. Just as you will be blessed with a child, I know this child will be very blessed with your love!

Thank you everyone for your assistance with the Wrapped in Love Project. Your words, your donations, your support made all of this possible! Thank you for sharing your love!

1 Thessalonians 3:12
May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you.

5 comments:

Alicia said...

I cannot thank you enough for such a wonderfully unexpected evening! :) We were very overwhelmed by the whole experience. God has truly blessed us with the most amazing friends and family that any person could ask for. Thank you for your time, your creativity, your organization, and mostly for your caring. I love you!

Jess said...

jenn, great post and great project!! it was an honor to be a part of it and no one deserves it more than matt and alicia! we are definitely blessed! love you all!

Anonymous said...

What an incredible project for Matt and Alicia!

Jessica said...

thank you for all your hard work organizing the project. i was honored that you asked me to help out. it was fun working on it and it was even better giving it to matt and alicia and seeing their faces! :)

Anonymous said...

Jenn (and Jess) (and everyone else who was involved, but I do not know) - What an outpouring of love and evidence of great friendship between you guys and Matt & Alicia! What a blessing and inspiration to see you all bless one another and love on each other!

Matt & Alicia - even though you don't know me - you all have been and are in my prayers as you are WAITING for God to provide!