Friday, December 28, 2007

Open Eyes

Most of the people who know me would categorize me as a pretty optimistic person, but I do understand reality. I may not understand all that is going on in the world around me, but I try. I was saddened by the assassination of Bhutto. It is the reminder of the violence people face every day. It is an example of the hate and fear that exists between people. Her life is one of the many that have been taken violently. And yet, the question posed by reporters on the story is, how are "we" affected by this?

How about the simple fact that violence is terrorizing the world? How about the simple fact that fear is a part of many people's lives on a daily basis? How about the simple fact that others are suffering, dying?

I can't help but be affected by this and refuse to close my eyes to any of it. So I continue learning about all that is going on and continue to ask, what can I do?

2 comments:

Jess said...

Nice job on posting your artwork on your blog :) You are so right and the story is very sad! What is this world coming to? At least God is always our constant strength! Love you tons!

Anonymous said...

Keep caring!

Jason