Monday, December 17, 2007

Seek Him Fervently...

A couple of days ago I took the chance of being honest with some close friends of mine about a restlessness that I have been feeling. Being able to share this with them has been more helpful than expected. I was honest with myself. I was honest with them. And most of all I was finally honest with God about the fears that hold me back from truly listening to Him.

Seek Him fervently was something that was shared with me. It is a message that I have been thinking about lately. How easy those fears crept in and grabbed a hold of me. How easy doubt set in. Why? Because I stopped seeking God in all parts of my life...in every moment. I tried to compartmentalize Him, seeking Him only in certain parts of my life, calling on Him only when I face big decisions or when I finally realize I can't do it alone.

It is time to seek God fervently in all of life's steps. It is time to passionately seek Him and listen to Him. It is time for Him to exist in all areas of life leaving no room for fear and doubt...

and where He leads...I will follow

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like God is stirring in you.

Jason

Anonymous said...

This is something I have been trying to learn about my own life a lot lately as well... to seek God in EVERYTHING! God CARES about every detail of our lives and he wants to be present with us in every decision, from what we eat (& how much!) to what we do with our time, to how and what we say when we talk to others, to the major decisions that can affect the rest of our lives.

And I am overwhelmed at how He worked out the details to get us home to Indiana this past Saturday safe and sound (and early!) Because I was looking for Him, waiting to see how he would work out our day, knowing that He was with us and would work things out according to His plan, I was able to experience a joy and a peace that was almost overwhelming to me!

I pray with you that you will seek God in everything and may he grant you the peace that passes all understanding in every decision you have to make!

Jess said...

jenn, first that picture was amazing! and i love this post! i love the work God is doing in your life! and of course following God can be a scary thought...but God places great encouragers in your life so that you take those steps towards him!! What a blessing! Love you tons!!!

Dina said...

Way to stomp down Satan. Just by posting this, you have taken away another grasp for the enemy. I know it is not always easy to ferently seek God out. I also know that when we do seek him out in every area, life is a lot less complicated. You are loved by so many and supported as well. I am praying for you always and you know my ear is hear if you need to talk. Love you lots!

Alicia said...

I love how absolutely honest you are in your blog (and in life in general!) It is so easy to turn to God when the BIG things happen but I forget about letting Him in on the day to day little things. Great post!