Thursday, March 01, 2007

Snapshot...

Last night was just a special night. First, my sister and my adorable niece came to visit while I packed. Just having them around makes everything fun...even packing! After I got as much done as I could last night, we went downstairs to spend time with my roommate. We ate dinner, watched some tv, and played with Grace. I decided that I should probably learn a little bit about how to use my new travel camera so that I don't come back with blurry pictures, which will inevitably happen anyway :). But I decided to give it a go. I took a snapshot here and there as the girls played and of misc. stuff around the house. And as I was downloading the pictures, I began to think about things. What would the snapshots of my life say about me? Do my actions or words show my love for and my relationship with Christ? Maybe it does if you take a snapshot of my life on a Sunday, or maybe when things are going well in my life. But what if a snapshot was taken when I am struggling, when I am upset, when I am discouraged, when I get lazy, or just those regular week days? Do my actions in all aspects of life show Christ's love? The answer would be...no. Should they? Shouldn't my life, my whole life show Christ's love? The answer should be...yes. So I strive to give Christ my whole life, not just parts of it, not just on some days, but all of me, always, so that He can use me and so that no matter when that snapshot of my life is taken, His love can be seen.

Enjoy the snapshots of last night...
broken clock

vases

state bound lady warriors

the "claw"...aka Dina's injured finger
bears mug

the beautiful girls! just my adorable niece she won...me and grace showing off our muscles :) shhhhh...she's sleeping not anymore!

3 comments:

Angela said...

Yes, we should live every part of every day for the Lord! Thanks for the great reminder, and may we all keep each other accountable to be Christlike. Have fun on vacay. Love you!

Jess said...

what a great way to look at things and to look at life as a whole! it definitely makes me want my whole life...snap shots and all...to show the love of Christ! you are amazing! and as always...it was a blast hanging out with you! i will miss you tons, but i know you will have a blast! love you tons and tons and tons!

Alicia said...

What a talent you have, Jenn with words and pictures! :) Great post!