Monday, February 26, 2007

Wishing Away...

Okay, so last night I found myself wishing away the week. In fact, I most likely have been wishing away the last couple of weeks. You see, I leave for Argentina on Friday and am completely excited. I am excited for this wonderful opportunity to travel with a great friend, meet new friends, and just explore the amazing world God created. But in all my excitement, I lost sight of the amazing opportunities that await me everyday! So I sit back and think about what I would have missed out on last week if it were truly wished away.

Monday: I would have missed the wonderful snowmobiling trip taken with some great friends.


Tuesday: I would have missed the opportunity to catch up with some friends I see only once a month.


Wednesday: I would have missed the pleasure of meeting some amazing youth in our community in the process of competing for a Lilly Scholarship.


Thursday: I would have missed out on the wonderful time I spent with Jess, Amos, and Grace...time that I truly enjoy!


Friday: I would have missed out on the time I worked on organizing my photos.


Saturday: I would have missed the time I spent with many friends playing in a poker tournament and just enjoying each other's company.


Sunday: I would have missed out on the time I spent with my roommate... though she was sick :(... and the great worship and praise service I attended.


And there is just so much more....


So I try to not wish my days away, but to appreciate each and every day. For each day, whether we are at work, at home, or just out and about, brings many opportunties and blessings.

4 comments:

Dina said...

good reminder. i often catch myself doing the same thing. thanks for taking care if me too. i am feeling better! love you

Angela said...

Great thoughts! I was sort of on the same thought track this morning. Can't believe you're leaving so soon! Have a great trip if I don't talk to you before!
love you tons! ang :)

Jess said...

Wow...great great thoughts!!! Yes, what great opportunities we have each and every day! I love this post and totally changes my mood! Thanks tons for sharing and love you tons and tons and tons!!!

Lee and Becca said...

Jenn- I know.. we've heard many stories about you as well, and every time we try to plan something to visit your casa it seems to fall through. Have a great trip in Argentina! I am heading to Juarez, Mexico myself on Saturday.....maybe someday we'll meet! thanks for being great roomie for dina...