Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Argentina es muy especial

Everyone who knows me knows how much I love to travel. When I visit another place, it becomes a part of me. The things I see, the people I meet impact my life and help shape who I am. When I travel I learn and am just amazed at all of God's creation, at our differences and similarities, at the history and culture of the world. And of course no place I travel to can be compared to any other experience. It is it's own unique and special journey. And on that note, I just have to say that...

Buenos Aires, Argentina, was just amazing!!!

After a long journey, I arrived in Buenos Aires where I met up with Sarah. I was so excited to be there, and it was truly wonderful to see her...a familiar face, a great friend. Soon after, we met up with Kelly and met her host family, Carlos and Maria. From that moment on, they made us feel comfortable and were amazing hosts....hosts that soon became friends.

There is so much to Buenos Aires, that we really only saw a bit of it all. Throughout the week we saw several plazas, monuments, museums, and attractions...even a cemetery, which was absolutely beautiful. I do have to say that out of everything I saw, out of the whole experience, I truly enjoyed the conversations the most. We learned some more spanish and Maria and Carlos learned some english. They learned about us while we learned about them and the Argentine culture. Sarah had to ask a few questions for a class, and that enabled us to really get a better understanding of their views on many topics, including the United States. We just really began to understand each other and to learn from each other.

It was a wonderful connection...one that not only opened my eyes to another beautiful culture, but to taking the time to really examine what my life is really centered around.

My experience in Argentina will definitely stay with me. I send a huge thanks to God for this opportunity to see more of His world...to Sarah for the invite and for her wonderful friendship...to Kelly for sharing her room with us and for taking the time to show us around...and to Carlos and Maria for being such wonderful hosts. I am a better person for knowing each one of them.

I leave you with several photos I took in Buenos Aires...wonderful memories!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Great thoughts in your recent posts. I enjoying hearing about your trip and seeing your pictures. I am so glad that you had the opportunity to travel to yet another amazing place! See you soon! Love and miss you tons!

Jess said...

Amazing post! Thanks tons for sharing!!! I love getting to travel through you :) The pictures that you take and bring back describe the country perfectly and I love the stories!! I am so happy that you are blessed with these opportunities and I know that God has many more in store for you :) Love you tons and tons and tons!!