Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Year

Welcome 2007! Just need to say how wonderful it was to spend time with family celebrating Christmas this past weekend. One of my favorite gifts this Christmas was this beautiful hat my niece, Rhi, made for me. Love it when someone is creative and shares that with others. Then spent a wonderful New Year's Eve with my good friend Sarah, and a couple of gentlemen. And though the Bear's lost, I had a great time with these friends, listening to music, playing a game, and having good conversation. It was a great start to the new year. And let me tell you about my sweet roommate Dina! Though we live together, our schedules are so busy that we rarely spend time with each other. But that changed yesterday as we spent the entire day together. She spoiled me with a great lunch at The Sandwich Cellar and a couple of intense games of checkers. We enjoyed some good music as we took down Christmas decorations in her classroom and watched some Wawasee basketball and gymnastics...followed by a trip to Dairy Queen. It was just a great start to 2007. Many people have made resolutions to do this or that...but you know what? This weekend was about opportunities. And that is what this year is about...opportunities. So I am going to look for those opportunities to give, to love, to experience, and to grow. Here is to another year of adventures.

3 comments:

Jess said...

oh my goodness...how fun!!! even though i am pretty sure i was the bestest roomie :):):) just kidding...what an amazing day and great great start to the new year!! i can't wait to see all that you become and i love you tons and tons!

Dina said...

You are so precious! I am blessed to call you my friend and roomie! I love you lots and lots and can't wait to see where this year takes you! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

Jason