Friday, December 29, 2006

Future Tradition

I would like to take this time to thank a special friend who has created a wonderful memory for me, a memory that has developed into a future tradition. Thank you Sue for teaching me so much, especially taking the time to show me the special touches of making an apple pie. I enjoyed that time we shared as we worked together and as you taught me the basics of baking. That time with you meant so much to me. And though we may never share that experience again, it is something that will stay with me.

It was such a special memory that I wanted to share it with my sister and niece. I know my sister will do her always wonderful job describing the night, but I just wanted to say thank you to the friend who help create this tradition.
Last night Jess, Grace, and I made our first apple pie together. And though we discovered the importance of patience and though the kitchen looked like a virtual war zone, I was so thankful for that time with my girls...baking an apple pie, creating memories, creating a tradition. I look forward to next year!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Great idea Jenn and Grace and I had an awesome time! It even tasted good!! :):):) Thanks again for being such a big part of our lives!...and sharing your talents in the kitchen. I only hope to do half as good as you do in that area :) But I am learning so that is fun! Oh yeah, total war zone...but Amos said he would clean it up the next day! Maybe that can be part of Grace's job as she gets older ;) Ok, so maybe we can help her :):):) Love you tons!!!

Unknown said...

Just thought i would write because this was a very nice blog. I'll make sure that she reads it...it will mean a lot to her...really glad to see that the tradition is recreated in another special family...thanks!!