Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Giving

Breakthrough news to share with you. Last night I spent the evening with a good friend, ate some good food, and watched an incredible, yet stressful, football game...Go Bears! On my way home I was thinking. Here I enjoyed myself and ended up spending money in the process. Yes, I had a great time. Yes, I would do it again. But what was I really doing? A few weeks ago I shared with you my struggle with tithing and I can't thank each one of you enough for your words, prayers, and encouragement. As an update for you, I did tithe the first week in October. But last night, I realized that I should and that I wanted to tithe more. Here I am enjoying myself and just blessed with all God provides. I spend money here and there, but I have trouble finding money to tithe? I have trouble giving God what is His to begin with? There is just something wrong with that statement. In a way, I have been putting my needs and wants before God. And then making excuses for not being able to tithe. Well, I am done with that. Don't get me wrong, I am still going to enjoy myself, but I am going to give God what is His. So I am going to tithe again this month. And I am excited about this decision. I love realizations like these that really change perspectives...and create outcomes!

Just had to share...

1 comment:

Jess said...

Awesome job Jenn! You are so right! It is easy to spend money on eating out, but we come up with excuses on why we can't give the God and the church. He deserves our all, and that means financially as well. I am sure this is a struggle we all face...I know I do, but your outlook reminds me of how important it is to tithe! Thank you gobs and love you tons!