Monday, October 16, 2006

Daily Blessings

Psalm 118:24
This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

My sis has a wonderful blog, entitled daily blessings. It is a blog that shares with us the blessings she sees in her every day life. Today is another Monday, and after my morning routine of dragging myself out of bed, listening to the news, driving to work, and looking at the list on my desk of things I hope to tackle today, her blog came to mind. Why? Because it is another Monday and I caught myself in that Monday mood. You know where you are just "blah" because the weekend is over and you have a whole week before the weekend comes again. So I thought about her blog and thought what better way to get out of this Monday mood then to share the blessings I had this past weekend, but also look forward to the blessings today brings, and tomorrow, and the next day.

First, Friday I had an amazing visit from my sis and Grace at work. They even brought me two dozen cookies ;) and I just loved the surprise visit! Then that evening I spent time with some good friends, enjoying a great dinner, a few haunted houses, and just driving around the area. Saturday I was lucky enough to be able to visit with the Frye's before Amos' football game, then I house sat for a bit ;)...ran a few errands and actually spent time at the park by the lake. Couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day...okay, maybe if it was just a bit warmer! Finished the evening visiting with some wonderful ladies! Sunday included another wonderful church service followed by a little bit of football!

and today....

Well, today's blessings so far include a good conversation with my roommate this morning, having a job I do enjoy, a co-worker bringing in donuts for all of us, the gloves that I remembered to bring today because it is a bit cold in the office ;), a great email from my sister, ....the Bear's game tonight ;), etc....and just the fact that I remembered to think about the blessings in my life...and the blessings that today holds...and tomorrow...and the next day...

Hope you find the time to think about all the blessings in your life! Thanks Jess for that reminder!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Truly amazing post and exactly what I needed!!! First off, what a great great weekend you had!! :) And it always awesome to hang out with you! Secondly, thank you for reminding me to focus on blessings. I guess I should turn to my blog title more than I do...but that is something I am working on and you are amazing at reminding me :) Love you tons and tons!

Angela said...

Great idea to really focus on our DAILY blessings! and kudos to Jess for claiming the title on her blog! :) love ya!