Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekend To Do List...

I am one of those people who is always busy...

Okay, so maybe busy isn't the best word as it does have a bit of a negative connotation. So let me rephrase... I am one of those people who likes to use my time as best as possible. It is interesting that though my time is always full, I find that weekends like I just had are very refreshing. They energize me. And how could they not when they are full of family, friends, food, and of course laughter.

I noticed at work that I write down all the important tasks that need to be taken care of so that I don't forget and so that they get done. And I must admit that I do like to check things off. So in that respect, here is my weekend to do list...

Friday

Spend the day in Indy with two amazing youth who make philanthropy a priority in their lives.

Visit with a very good friend from college, Ang, who makes all those around her feel special.

Spend time eating and laughing with Ang, Joy, Carrie, and Angie at Olive Garden...learning a little more about these fabulous ladies.

Spend more time with Ang, Brad, Addie, and Ethan, a wonderful family I am so glad to be a part of.

Saturday

Visit and spend time with Jess, Amos, Grace, and Tyler...anyone surprised that I loved this visit?

Meet Matt and Alicia at the fair for dinner, always a great time...and mmm...pulled pork!


Serve ham sandwiches at the Pork building at the fair with the Sunday school class.


Get lost on my way home...only because everyone exiting was getting redirected everywhere.

Sunday

Attend a wonderful church service!


Learn in the discipleship class, and get to know some new church members better.


Enjoy a great day at Scott and Melanie's lake cottage with Scott, Melanie, Gretchen, Amos, Jess, Grace, Tyler, Matt, Alicia, Jamie, Victoria, Josh, Jessica, Jackson, Joslyn, John, Jessica, Greyson, Nick, Stephanie, Danny, Kayla, and Jamie!...Can it get any better?!?

I thank God for such wonderful and refreshing moments! He has surrounded me with a loving family, wonderful friends....and delicious food! God is good!...and there is more to come...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must get the list making from me. I make a "to do" list for each day of the week. Almost always have my daytimer with me to add things. I make a grocery list. Errand list. A list of what to take on a trip, which I put in the suitcase so I bring back what I should. I even have a list when I clean house. And it isn't Alzheimers, I have done it since I was young.

SmilingsMyFavorite said...

The one you have checked off with my name by it?.. I have pictures with proof that you are allowed to check that one off your list. So go ahead.
No worries. I won't mention your see-through skirt in my blog.

Jess said...

the checklist was so much fun!!! and yes, your time is packed full, but you can see your priorities in this checklist...full of God and family!!! Love it! Love you tons!

Alicia said...

What a cute idea! :) I loved the checkmarks (especially since they included spending time with me!!)

Angela said...

So glad that I made it to THREE checkmarks!! Woohoo!! :)
Has anyone noticed how many j-names were at the lake cottage?! :) (I know, maybe I should use MY time more wisely!) :)
love you tons!!

Scott, Melanie, Gretchen said...

We had a great time together on Sunday. What an amazing friend you are. Thanks.

Jessica said...

i LOVE makign lists and checking things off. sometimes, i add silly small things, just so they can be checked off. i think this makes me a dork, but i get sooo much more done that way! i'm glad you like lists too!