Monday, May 19, 2008

Outside!

The perfect word to capture how my weekend was spent..."outside".

I was able to travel the world in about 2 hours thanks to the Taste of Noble County festival on Saturday. After working for about 4 hours at the festival, I came back with my sister and neice so that we all could enjoy the festival together. We enjoyed some delicious cultural food. We watched some different ethnic dancers perform. And we traveled around the world through the passport program available to teach kids about different countries. Despite the bit of a breeze that was blowing, we all had a great time outside, enjoying the beautiful weather, and each others company.



Then Sunday, friends from all around the area joined me to help me do some landscaping. Okay, so they pretty much taught me how to work in a garden, as I really didn't know where to begin. Thanks to Melanie, we got a new flower bed planted. Thanks to Jamie, we cleared out layers of weeds and trimmed up some shrubs. Thanks to Alicia we layed quite a few bags of mulch. Thanks to Jess we planted flowers and hostas. I can't thank these ladies enough for taking the time to help me Sunday. Their assistance, support, and friendship is such a blessing to me!


It is amazing how refreshing this weekend truly was. God is good as He created an enjoyable and productive weekend. He continues to provide that extra help when things start to get overwhelming. I am now re-energized to continue pushing forward!

5 comments:

Alicia said...

So glad we could help you out this weekend Jenn. It didn't even seem like work with everyone pitching in (OK, well..maybe it was a little like work! :)) The landscaping looks great!!

Anonymous said...

The landscaping looks great! Glad to hear you had such a wonderful weekend - as always!!!

Jess said...

the whole day was a blast! the festival is always so so so much fun and cheap :) i am so glad you introduced it to me :):):) i love it! and the landscaping was so much fun! everyone did help out and it was so much fun! amazing paninis for lunch too! love you tons!

Jessica said...

your house looks great! sorry i couldn't be there. it looks like you gals had a lot of fun! :) see you this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Looks Great! I had fun working in your yard. Don't forget to WATER WATER WATER!