Monday, May 12, 2008

In His Care...

You might think this is another person writing about mother's day, considering it is the day after mother's day. And it does kind of tie in. I unfortunately was not able to spend the day with my mother, but I had a great conversation with her and just thought of her all day!

I did however read several blogs this morning of mothers who enjoyed their mother's day celebrations and children who enjoyed spending time and caring for their mothers as mothers have long cared for them.

I actually spent yesterday working on my basement. And everyone knows how much fun cleaning basements can be. But it has to be done. So I continue to work on it. I was exhausted after working for hours and just was tired of cleaning and painting and cleaning and organizing and all that great stuff houses need. I was done. I couldn't go anymore! So I called it quits for the night. I grabbed my planner to see how much time I actually have this week that can be put towards working on the house some more and once again wondered...how will all this get done?

I wonder if that is what mothers think when their days begin. They do so much and though it never seems like there is enough time, God provides. I laid there thinking about my mom and all she does. I thought about all I still need to do, and I remembered that God has brought me this far. I closed my eyes and received rest. I found rest in Him.

How many times do we doubt? What are you worried about? Do you trust God?

I pray that you find the rest and peace in Him. For you are in His care!

5 comments:

jackie said...

Thank you for your post Jenn...you have no idea how much I needed to read it today.

SmilingsMyFavorite said...

I love that picture of you and your sister! That's who it is right? :) I mean, you didn't just pick a random pic of two babies on the internet and post it as your own did you?
just kidding.
You are so cute!
Keep up the good work on the house. You should take before and after pictures!

Jess said...

what a great post! you seem to hit the hammer on the nail on all of our thoughts :) thanks for this great reminder message! love you tons!

Alicia said...

You can do it Jenn! I know that it seems like it is impossible, but God will help you get it all done. Just don't try to do it all at once. You need to take a break too! :)

Jessica said...

cute picture of you and your mom. :)
i know how daunting it can be to have to get a house ready to sell, but once it's done, it feels great! you can do it!