Monday, March 10, 2008

My Walk...

Hello! My name is Jennifer. I attend Union Center Church of the Brethren and I sit at the table of Sarah!

I thought it appropriate to introduce this post like this as it is how we introduced ourselves when we shared all we had been learning this weekend on the Brethren Way of Christ #34.

I don't plan on going into too many details about the little touches and special things done just for me, as to not cheat anyone out of the experience they might encounter when they participate in the retreat themselves. But let me just say that God has a plan, has a purpose, and His timing is perfect.

First, I knew there was something special about this when I realized this was #34...yup, Walter Peyton's number. I left not knowing what to expect and really not sure what I would gain from this. But I came back changed by all God wanted to teach me. Each day I drew closer and closer to God. I opened my heart to Him and cleared all the distractions from my mind and heart that kept me from really listening to Him.

And I was moved. I was stirred. I was overcome!

I mentioned to some people that I no longer liked my good friend sarah (my sponsor for BWOC) anymore, for making me cry so much. I said it as a joke, because I consider it a priviledge to have experienced this. I broke down...and through the tears and the joy saw Jesus in every moment and in every face.

I was filled with His love and grace and want and desire nothing more than to share that hope with others, with the world. Why would I want to do anything else? While sharing with the group, a pastor in the back said..."preach it!" And I realized, just how we are ALL called to share what we know, what we are learning through Christ, and his love for us all!

I love God as he called my name and made himself know and seen in my heart and mind. I love my sisters who took this walk with me...as they held me up, made me laugh, challenged me, and prayed with and for me. I love my friend Sarah who took the opportunity to sponsor me. I love each and everyone of you who supported, prayed, and wrote to me.

I am in a community...a family of Christ. We are all connected and it is time to reach out and help the family of Christ grow!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been on an "Emmaus" walk. We are so happy for you.

Dina said...

More tears! Thanks for sharing! Great reminders that God is in control and HE does have a plan. Love you!

Jess said...

I can't wait to hear what you are allowed to share :):):) I am so proud of you and know that you experienced a lot! Love you tons!!!!

Alicia said...

I am so happy for you Jenn. It takes a lot of courage to take a leap of faith. You are one brave woman of God!

Anonymous said...

Blessings on you as you take what you've learned and share it with those around you! Love you!

Jessica said...

it sounds like you had a wonderful encounter with God this weekend! i'm glad you had the opportunity to attend and that you got so much out of it. you are a great example to us all!