Monday, March 03, 2008

Let Go!

Ahhh...I'm human....

And once again got caught up in the attachments I have on things in my life. After communicating throughout the day about following through with an agreement I made, I found myself fighting with a feeling of possession. I reacted on this feeling without thinking things through. After taking some time to understand why I felt this particular way, it became very clear that I had an attachment to this object in my life. Why?

Maybe because of the memories it holds...
Maybe because of the time invested in it...
Maybe because of the roots it has...

But it was "mine".

Yikes! What kind of attitude is that? It took some time to realize how holding tightly to it was taking away the "gift" God blessed me with. So I work on letting it Go. Letting the feeling of possession go. Letting the attachment go. And enjoying the time God has blessed me with such a gift. Enjoying the freedom I have by letting all my "attachments" go, all that hold me back from being open to God and following Him.

3 comments:

Jess said...

i certainly know that is one of my biggest things is holding onto possessions. but how freeing it must have been to let go! thanks tons for the reminder! and great job jenn on your growth! love you tons!

Alicia said...

I can't believe you left me hanging! I'm reading through your blog trying to figure out what is so hard to let go of...and then you never say! :) I know that wasn't the point of the blog, but I'm nosy! :)
Kudos to you though for working on letting go and letting God take over. It's HARD!

Anonymous said...

It is hard to think of everything we have as it not being "ours" but a gift from God. Not just the things in our lives, but the people, too... Sad to say, I am clinging tightly to a lot of what I have. I am sure it affects and reflects on how much I really trust God...... probably something I should work on.....