Sunday, March 02, 2008

More Than A Contractor!

Getting to know Amos over the past few years has been an exciting journey as his many various skills seem to show when you least expect it. I had been looking to remodel the kitchen for awhile now, but wasn't sure how I would really be able to afford it. Then Amos stepped in and offered to be my contractor, helping me work within my budget, and just guiding me through the process. He was an incredible contractor, helping me find things that matched...giving his opinion here and there...and just working hard to get things finished in a timely manor, as it is pretty tough to live in a house when the kitchen is torn up. The hours he put in the project were many as you can see the before pictures in my sis' blog. It was quite the project. But the end product turned out better than imagined. I now have a place to cook, to entertain, and to enjoy.

But mostly, I enjoyed working with Amos. He is such a talented man. What makes the space so much more special to me is that it was literally done by the hands of my extraordinary brother-in-law! He is a great husband to my sister, a loving father to their children, a great friend to many of us, and a special guy! I look forward to learning more about him and discovering his many other skills. He is more than a contractor. Thanks Amos for rescuing me once again. I am blessed to call you family!

6 comments:

Jess said...

jenn, that was so sweet!! it has been really neet to see how your relationship as grown. it was a ton of fun to see the progress on your house too! it looks amazing!! and seriously, i am waiting for that evite to your party :):):) love you tons and tons!!!

jackie said...

The kitchen looks great! Yay for Amos!

Jessica said...

wow, i love the kitchen! that's so awesome that amos did all of that!! i want an envite to your party too!! i've never experienced your good cooking or seen your house! :)
thanks for coming on saturday...it was wonderful spending time with you! i hope your week is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Looks GREAT, Jenn! Good job Amos!

Alicia said...

Love the new chairs! Our next scrappin party should be at your house on the new island! :) And how lucky to have your "contractor" live so close! :)

Angela said...

wow--can't wait to see it in person! great job, amos! :)