Monday, March 17, 2008

A Day of Purpose!

"It is just another day."

How often we think that or even say it out loud. "It is just another Monday"...or..."It is just another day." We count down the days to the weekend. And then sometimes spend Saturday or Sunday doing nothing but thinking to ourselves..."it is just another day."

I was scrapping a lot this weekend, trying to get caught up as I was about a year behind. Yes, you heard me right...a year. Yikes! So I had a lot to do. But as I was looking at the pictures, I couldn't help but think about how a lot of those special moments happened on "regular" days. I particularly thought about the great fun I had playing with Grace in the snow. It was just a Tuesday. But because an opportunity was taken, it became a day of purpose.

How much we are missing going through life saying, "it is just another day". Why not welcome each and every day as a day of purpose, opening our minds to all that is possible, asking ourselves..."What is God showing me today?"

6 comments:

SmilingsMyFavorite said...

Good thoughts. You are the thought queen. That's not very catchy, but I just made it up and it was my first try so humor me. :)

Jess said...

Awesome jenn!!! what a great reminder to make everyday count!!!! lov eyou tons!

Alicia said...

So true. I often find myself in countdown mode. And pretty soon I will just be counting my life away. Each day is a special gift.

Anonymous said...

I appreciate your positive point of view. I wonder what opportunities exist today.

Jason

Anonymous said...

Thanks for always reminding me to make the most out of life... it is easy to get distracted by the things we think we have to do, and forget just to live, and pay attention to what God is wanting us to do with every moment He gives us!

Ponz, Lil Ponz, Real Lil Ponz and Baby Ponz said...

This remids me to take a step back and enjoy today. Thanks, Jenn.