Friday, September 07, 2007

"Whom I Serve"

How can I serve You, God?


Last night I came across 2Kings 3:14 "Elisha said, "As surely as the LORD Almighty lives, whom I serve, if I did not have respect for the presence of Jehoshaphat king of Judah, I would not look at you or even notice you." And as I read that verse I couldn't help but think about the phrase.."whom I serve".


I wonder, am I able to say that phrase? have I served God? Do I serve God? What does it mean to serve? How can I serve?


...with time...money...with all I have...with all of me...


I want to be a servant, to have a life of service...not just moments, but a life of service to the only One who is worthy and deserves nothing less than all of me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is something important to think about. I definitely needed to hear this. Thanx

Jason

Jess said...

That was a beautiful message! To be a servant...how fulfilling! You will make a wonderful servant...you can start by cleaning my house on a regular basis...just kidding...hee,hee,hee. Really though it is important to serve God all the time and not just when it is convenient :) Love you tons and tons and tons!!

Alicia said...

WOW have you been busy. Three blogs since I last checked in. Thanks so much for keeping us all updated on your life and thoughts!