Tuesday, September 04, 2007

What day is it?

Just a random post to share...

Well, it was another wonderful, yet busy, labor day weekend. And I can't imagine spending it any other way than with family and friends.


First, there was Saturday...


I joined some lovely ladies in Mishawaka to order bridesmaid dresses for a wedding coming up this winter. It is always great to see these ladies, not to mention it was a fun afternoon with lunch and shopping as well.


Then Sunday came...


After a wonderful church service, I met with another group of ladies for lunch and a couple hours of indepth football discussion...also known as...the fantasy football draft. The teams look good and we are all ready for the season to begin. There is nothing like sharing the joy of the football season with friends ;). Good luck ladies!..and I must say..."Go Bears!"



Following the draft, Jess, Grace, Alicia, Kelli, Jamie, and I took the boat out on lake Syracuse while the boys were still finishing up their draft. It was beautiful weather and the water was warm...well, after you swam for a bit ;). After spending some time by ourselves, we picked up Amos, Danny, and Tyler and enjoyed a fast and somewhat rocky ride around Lake Wawasee. The rest of the evening was filled with some time spent in the hot tub dodging mosquitos and games such as around the world table tennis, which wore us all out!



And Monday...


I had an amazing time meeting up with Kelli for lunch at probably one of my favorite restaurants (though there are many)...Panera! And then I did a little more shopping on my way home...only to get one item that probably everyone I know has been pushing me to get...and I finally caved. Yes, I finally bought a new pair of athletic shoes. I call them athletic shoes, because I am pretty sure they weren't really designed for any particular sport...they were the cheap ones ;). But hey, I guess it is better than running in shoes that I have had for 10+ years. What a great pair of shoes...ahhh..memories.

It was a great weekend and I am excited for what the rest of the week has instore. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well and that you take the time to appreciate the wonderful relationships and opportunities we are all blessed with every day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the pictures. It seems that you had a fairly busy weekend. Are you driving the boat? Good luck with fantasy football!

Jason

Jess said...

hey there...amazing post as usual! don't forget that alicia was with us on the boat and in the evening too :):):) i know it was such a party and you tried to remember everyone :) i had a blast with you this weekend and i love ya tons and tons and tons!!! great lake pictures by the way!!! and you are a stellar driver :)

jenn said...

thanks for the reminder sis...i even had her picture in the post, just forgot to list her name :). all fixed now!

ps. i love driving the boat..so anytime you need a "captain", you know how to reach me ;)! love ya!

Anonymous said...

I am officially a Bears fan now!

Greg L.

Dina said...

Hooray for new 'athletic' shoes!

Michelle Marshall said...

I always look forward to new pictures from you! They are so cute. I love that you girls have a fantasy league of your own. I hope it goes well this season for you! Have a great week!