Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Home...

Okay, what a day it has been! I don't think it could get any better. You see, since I have returned my mind and heart keep drifting back to Malawi and those there. Today was especially difficult as I received the pictures I ordered and started working on a presentation about the trip, since I have atleast three presentations about it coming up. I will admit it...I am ready to return. But God reminded me of the many wonderful things and opportunities here. First, I have enjoyed every day I have been able to spend with my beautiful sister and her family. They are just such special people. Right after work today my co-worker took me to her house and gave me two bags full of vegetables from her garden. Anyone who knows me knows that I pretty much love vegetables more than dessert. So this made my day! Not to mention I received a handful of green tomatoes! Yes! Dad if you are reading this, you know your little girl will be enjoying fried green tomatoes the next few days! Hope you are proud! Then, as I came around the corner on my way home, the view of the lake really caught my eye. I have enjoyed spending my evenings relaxing on the lake and just enjoying the area. Though I do miss Malawi and those I met there, life here is just as special to me. Life is in this moment...in each moment...and it is time to appreciate it!

1 comment:

Jess said...

what a great and powerful post! It is so easy to want more and want to be other places, but you reminded me just how much we have now and how great everything is! thanks for the wonderful kick in the pants! :) love you tons and tons!!