Thursday, July 05, 2007

The Day After...

So posts are going to seem a little random and maybe a bit out of order, but that is just the mood I am in lately...a little mixed up! Okay, so maybe that is how I am most of the time. I will be the first to admit it. But I think that makes life interesting...right? ;)


Anyway, it is the day after the 4th of July and what a great 4th of July it was! I will be posting about it later, but right now I want to just share a little bit about my amazing sister. I know I have done this before, and for those of you who know how close we are, you might be getting tired of hearing about it. But honestly, it is just something I just have to share again. When people find out I am a twin, they always ask who is the nice one...who is the prettiest one...who is the smart one...etc. I know...kind of crazy questions huh? But really, you would be surprised at how many times we are asked that. Anyway, those of you who know us know how easy that is to answer! Jess...Jess...Jess!

There is no hesitation or no time needed to think about this. Now, I am not putting myself down at all...but I just have to say that my sister is amazing! I am not holding her up on a pedal stool either, but just appreciate and respect who she is as a person. She has taught me so much and is beautiful inside and out. When I need someone, she is there. Even during those times when I have to face things on my own, she stands behind me.

So why am I writing about this again? Because over the past few weeks she has taken the time to encourage and support me....nothing out of the ordinary for her...but it was time I said thanks. She supports my goals even though it separates us for a while. She encourages me when I begin to doubt. And she is one of the first to celebrate with me when something good happens. Yesterday I watched her as she interacted with friends and family and I could just see how much she values those around her. She is blessed with an equally caring husband and two wonderful children. And we are all blessed to know them.

God has blessed my life with her love. And when was the last time I said thanks? Isn't it about time?

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Jenn that was amazing! You have such a way with words and I'm sure Jess will be blessed to read your post! You are a wonderful friend and are such an encouraging person. Thanks for being my friend! Love ya!

Angela said...

I don't think I've ever known two sisters so connected, so encouraging, so supportive, so blessed. I hope my two children grow and learn from watching you two!! Love ya!

Jess said...

that was amazing! you are the bestest sister ever! how ironic is this though. i am who i am today, because of the way you lift me up. because i look at you and realize how incredible you are and that makes me always want to do my best. you are a huge motivator in my life and you lift me up and you help me when i fall. you are my inspiration and God has truly blessed me with your relationship! you bring out the best in me as you bring out the best in everyone you come into contact with! Thank you tons for sharing the love of God with everyone and for lifting everyone up! You are so very special! Love you tons and tons!!!...oh and Amos picked our first green bean out of the garden :)