Thursday, April 05, 2007

Just One of Those Visits...

Last night I had a great visit with my sister and niece. It isn't that all my visits with them aren't nice or anything, this visit was just a little different. I can't pinpoint it really so I will just share what took place. My brother-in-law was playing basketball last night with the guys so Jess and Grace were at home staying warm from this April snow we are getting. I stopped by just to visit for a bit. And as we drank coffee, we just talked about a lot of different things...nothing deep, nothing serious, just had a nice conversation. Jess put Grace to bed, which was surprisingly easy even though I had wound her up by chasing her around the house and doing all I could to make her laugh...oh the life of an aunt is a difficult one ;). I stayed for a little while longer as we finished our coffee and conversation, and then headed home. As you can see, nothing big really happened. It was just one of those visits where you actually are relaxed enough to enjoy every minute...to just enjoy the opportunity to visit...to enjoy the company you are with. Though, I must say, when you visit with Jess, Grace, Amos and their family, most of the time it is just one of those visits...

2 comments:

Alicia said...

How fun! It's so great to take time to enjoy those everyday moments. Just to sit there and take it all in even if nothing "exciting" happens.

Jess said...

Jenn, you are too sweet! I love love love spending time with you and it is always quality time!! Thank you so much for your sweet words, and for being such a sweet part of my life!! love you tons and tons!!!