Monday, April 09, 2007

Five More Minutes...

I had an amazing time celebrating Easter with family this weekend. Though we all missed mom terribly as she had to celebrate Easter at her church, it was nice to meet dad's new church in Illinois. The drive was a bit long, but the visit was well worth it. Check out Jess' blog in a few days to see pictures. But I just wanted to share something I have been thinking about. Sunday, Dad preached a beautiful message. It was a message that made me think. Two words that he said rang true to me...to my life. Wake Up! You know that feeling you have when you hear that alarm in the morning and you roll over and hit snooze...just five more minutes and I will be ready to get up...just five more minutes and I will start moving...just five more minutes and... I can't count how many times I have hit that snooze button in my life. Five minutes has become ten, fifteen, half an hour, twenty-seven years maybe? It is time to wake up! It is time to wake up to the life I was meant to live. It is time to wake up to the needs of others. It is time to wake up to address the needs of the world. It is time to wake up to stronger relationships...relationships with Christ, with family, with friends, etc. It is time to wake up to see how my life can be used. My five minutes are up and it is time to Wake Up!

3 comments:

Dina said...

Wow! That was so good and really sums up how I am feeling lately. How crazy that we are thinking the same thing (I hope the whole twin-thing isn't rubbing off! JK!). I want to hear more about this sermon. Love you!

Jess said...

Jenn that is incredible and a message we all need to hear!!! I know I need to wake up and experience and praise God more and this post really inspired me! Thanks for being such a great inspiration...love you tons!

Alicia said...

That is so true...although I never hit the snooze button! I don't know how people do it because once I get up to turn it off...I can't go back to sleep until it's about to buzz again! Anyway, it sounds like a great message and something that we all need to hear. Thanks!