Sunday, November 06, 2005

Worthy

I know it has only been 6 days of looking outside myself and hopefully touching hearts but I came to another big realization today. As I spent a large part of the day helping an individual prepare for a major project, I begin to think of the word "worthy". I felt the feelings of being overwhelmed and anxious that he/she was feeling. I saw the concern that he/she had. I was surprised that I didn't once think about what I could be doing for myself or what I was missing out on...such as taking a nice Sunday nap or watching football.

It was because he/she was worthy of my time, my love, and my help. Seeing him/her calm was important to me. Seeing him/her prepared was important to me. Seeing him/her confident that he/she was ready for this project was important to me. Seeing him/her happy and being able to relax later on in the day was important to me. It was more important to me than my Sunday nap. It was more important to me than watching football. It was more important to me than cleaning my house, doing laundry, watching movies, reading, painting, spending time with my oh so adorable cats.

The point is that we all are worthy of being helped, of being reached out to, of being loved. When I think of the times that I turned away from helping someone or reaching out to someone in order to do something that I enjoyed, etc...I was in a way saying that they weren't worthy of my time, of my gifts, of my love. The same way when I used to put God in the background of my life. I was saying to Him that He was not worthy of my time and love.

Thank you God for helping me get my priorities straight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for helping me so much this weekend!!! You make a great point and really opened my eyes. I turn down help because I feel like people don't think I can handle my own things, when really I make them feel like they aren't good enough to help me...they might just make things worse. That is the farthest from the truth. Thank you Jenn for helping me see that I need to get out of this, "I can do it myself mode", and really rely on God and the support group that he has put in my life for a reason!!! Love you!