Monday, November 28, 2005

Get Out of the Way!

I had an amazing conversation and just inspirational and uplifting time with a great friend this past weekend. I shared with her my concerns, my questions, my worries, and my feelings. She shared with me and it was wonderful. During this conversation she said something that really stuck with me.

"Get Out of the Way!"...No, we weren't talking about slow drivers. No, we weren't talking about someone blocking the television. We were talking about questioning God. We were talking about our impatience sometimes as we anticipate the future. We were talking about trying to hear what we want to hear from God, not what He has to say or wants us to hear.

God speaks to us if we truly listen to what He has to say and He guides us. We have to be completely open to Him and agenda-free. We have to get out of His way...out of the way of His plans for us...out of the way of His love for us.

So put as nicely as I can put it...I pray that we can truly "Get out of the way!"

No comments: