Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Prayer

This week has been difficult, not just for me. Someone I considered a friend passed away suddenly. My heart breaks for his wife and his children. My heart breaks for the rest of his family. My heart breaks for his close friends and all who were lucky enough to know such a wonderful man. I wish there was something I could say to bring comfort and peace to them. I wish I could help in some way.

It is times like these where I begin to understand that maybe the best thing I can do is pray. I prayed that God would give them comfort, strength, peace, and love. I prayed that they were surrounded by His love and surrounded by all those around them. I prayed that they lean on each other and just continue to support and love each other now more than ever. I prayed that they remember the great life he lived and the wonderful memories he created. I prayed for them. Sometimes, that is all we can do.

Philippians 4:6 (New International Version)

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

No comments: