Thursday, November 17, 2005

Changing Seasons

Well I made it to work this morning. Hooray! I know it isn't that bad outside. It is just windy with flurries which are starting to accumulate. Most people who know me know how tense I get driving in such winter conditions. After an accident last year, which could have been a lot worse, I find myself gripping the wheel and just trying to stay calm when I "feel" like my car is sliding. I drive at a slow pace as large SUV's and even small cars speed past my jeep. Yet even though I struggle driving in winter weather, I find myself really enjoying the snow and this time of year! My sister and I talk about how we could never live in a place that doesn't have a winter...doesn't have snow. It is the time of year where I realize the importance of slowing down...both while driving, but also in life. The year is almost over and what have I accomplished? How have I made a difference? It is the time of year when I think more of family and friends...and of just curling up on my couch with nice cup of coffee...flavored of course. It is just a comforting time full of memories and reflection.

Thank you God for the different seasons of the year and of our lives!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.