Monday, February 25, 2008

Juggling

A million thoughts pass through my mind per second and I wonder where to start. At the moment, I am juggling a few things. When I work on something, another thing I need to do starts to fall and I need to address that. And so the cycle continues...

But God provided rest this weekend!

I spent some amazing time with Grace and Tyler on Friday. We watched movies and of course ate anything we wanted...well Grace and I did. Tyler was stuck with baby food and formula. It was just some much needed time with these two kids!

Then the family came over Saturday. While Amos worked on finishing up my kitchen (yes, I said finishing up...yea!...post will be coming soon), Jess and I had some great conversation and you know I enjoy any moment spent with her and her family. Not to mention, she knows how much I have going on and created a to do list for me, to keep me organized and to help me not feel as overwhelmed. It was so greatly appreciated and really helps me take things one at a time. She even went as far as to place behind the list, a watermark of a picture I took in Africa, to remind me of my focus on God and His plan. It was incredible.

My dear friend Sarah then had me over for a delicious dinner that evening. We enjoyed some good conversation and fabulous tacos and brownies!!! It was another wonderful moment. It is always great to catch up with her and to just spend time with this great friend. We ended up watching the movie, No Reservations, which I highly recommend!

Sunday, I joined my extended family, Ang, Brad, Addie, and Ethan for church. They generously took me out for lunch where we met up with Susan and Randy. It was a great meal and I was just so grateful for the time spent with this family. I decided not to rush home, but spent the rest of the day just talking with Ang, Brad, and the kids. We talked about everything and the time just passed so quickly. I ended up staying for dinner and then leaving a bit afterwards.

I got home and thought about the time spent this weekend. I am once again reminded that I am not alone. Family and friends surround me, and God provided the much needed rest and helped me redirect my focus back on Him.

How wonderful that we are not alone...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a wonderful weekend! Sounds like an enjoyable time spent with so many loved ones!!!!! :) You have a full and wonderful life, to be surrounded by so many friends and family!

Jess said...

Jenn, you are so sweet!!! I am so so so glad that you are so close and that you have so many close friends!!! You are the bestest sis ever! Love ya tons!!!

jackie said...

Friends and family are truly great! I don't know what I'd do without them :) We are truly created in the image of God to enjoy communion with each other the way the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit enjoy it. What a wonderful gift from an amazing God.

Scott, Melanie, Gretchen said...

Neat thoughts and great post-Jenn. I have been reading and keepin' up with you, but haven't made a post lately. I love where you are right now.
Melanie

Alicia said...

I love how you comment on having a restful weekend, and then list about 10 different things that you did! :) It is such a blessing to be able to spend time with friends and family and know that they are gifts from God who loves us more than anything. Love ya!

Jessica said...

you are so fortunate to have such a wonderful relationship with your sister! whenever you share things that she does for you, or when she writes about things you do for her, it amazes me. my sister and i never got along when we lived together, and now we do a lot better, but nothing even close to what you gals have. cherish every moment of it! it's special!

Angela said...

We so enjoyed having you around on Sunday! thanks for coming!! Love ya!