Wednesday, February 14, 2007

It's a Snow Day!

Well, we got the snow that was predicted, which actually enabled me to stay at home the past two days. And what an amazing two days it has been.

Snow, snow, and more snow. I spent yesterday relaxing at home, curled up on the couch under a warm blanket, drinking a delicious cup of coffee, listening to music, and looking at pictures with my roomie, Dina. What a great opportunity to just learn a little bit more about this wonderful friend. We pretty much went through all of her pictures, which took about 4 hours. And as she gave the background behind the pictures taken with her youth group, with her bible study girls, with her friends from Goshen, and with her family, I just learned more about her and how many people are special to her. I not only thank God for this friend, but for all those people in her life who make her laugh, who have supported her, and who she can call friends and family. Though relationships change, some grow closer and others grow distant, they all contribute to the person she is. God has blessed her with just some amazing people in her life and has blessed us by placing her in our lives as well.
Today, is Valentine's Day. And as I was wishing some people a happy Valentine's Day, I hear something outside. I look out my window, and there is my amazingly wonderful brother-in-law, Amos clearing my driveway with a snowblower. I run outside to thank him and to talk to Jess and Grace who were waiting in the car as he did this for me. Such a wonderful blessing to have family who cares and loves me so much...to think of me and help me out. They are just a special and beautiful family.

Dina and I then spent some time just playing in the snow. I attempted to snowboard down my lawn, which wasn't too successful since I kept sinking into the 8 inches of snow we had :). But, Dina lifted me and my snowboard out and carried me to the top of the driveway, where I was able to do a little snowboarding "slowly" down to the road.
We made snow angels
and I tried to knock her down in the snow, but she just pushed me down and that was that :). What can I say..."I am fragile" :).

We went for a walk and just took in the sunny day and the bright snow that covered everything. It was extremely beautiful. It was just a great reminder of how beautiful God's creation is. Dina expresses it beautifully in her blog, link to the right. But I just couldn't help but share how much these past two days meant to me, and just how wonderful God is.
Thank you God for the blessings that surround us, for being in every moment, and for showing us how Great you are.

1 comment:

Jess said...

great post sis! what a nice relaxing and fun time you had with your days off! we took gracie out in the snow too :) you hit it right on the nose...as much as this cold weather can get to us and as dangerous the snow can be to drive in, it definitely has its beauty and we owe all that to God :) Great reminder as always and enjoy the weather...love you tons!